May was a very busy month. It has been the heart of my course and my group had to put an entire project plan together for a retail corporation. The course is in its final stage now, four-ish weeks left and I am done with my masters (nothing to look forward to since I have two deferred loans thanks to being in school that will enter repayment). I tried to do my best to keep up with all things Degrees and Debt, but with this, work, school and the other business ventures I am involved in including real estate, its been tough on my time. In a month once school is over I will be able to carve out much more time for things in my schedule.
Posts from May:
- Does a new job always mean more money?
- Recap April 2013
- Becoming and Being a Realtor
- Calling all bloggers! Here’s a FREE HUGE GIVEAWAY EVENT for you to join!
- Giveaway: Everyone Can Enter to Win $500
- How to Leverage Home Equity for Cash Flow and Investments
- BUDGETING AND ECONOMICS CARINVAL
- Infographic: Who Get$ What: Subsidies, Effective Tax Rates, Dividends and Earnings per Share 2008-2010
- Infographic: How To Help Your Kids Establish Good Credit
Personal Goals from May:
Enjoy my Birthday in the first week of the month 🙂PASSED Spend time daily on my capstone coursePASSED Maintain a minimum of 5 days a week at the gymPASSED
- Reduce spending across all areas since March & April was such an expensive month! FAIL
Degrees and Debt Goals from May:
Twitter Goal: 75 Actual: 152PASSED. THANK YOU TO ALL THE NEW GIVEAWAY FOLLOWERS!
- Facebook Goal: 140 Actual: 121 FAIL. Still working on growing Facebook interaction.
- Feedburner Subscribers – Goal: 6 Actual: 3 FAIL. Hasnt changed yet, but I am not sure if this is a big deal? With RSS readers and similar email might not be the biggest gain.
- Alexa Global Current: Goal: 299,999 Actual: 313,340 || Sites Linking Goal: 83 Actual: 73 FAIL on both. I am keeping the same goals going forward as they have not been reached yet but I think they are attainable.
- Post three times per week on DandD FAIL-sorry everyone! Life and School just didnt let me have time for anything else
Personal Goals for June:
- Find some time to research couponing/strategic purchase for groceries and workout supplements <would significantly reduce my expenses
- Spend time daily on my capstone course-the next recap I do will be school-free 🙂
- Maintain a minimum of 5 days a week at the gym
- Reduce spending+put something in savings+cut down on some debt (I know these are SMART goals, but I am still base-lining and trying to get a realistic balance of my finances, social life and other expense)
Degrees and Debt Goals for June:
- Twitter May: 75 June Goal: 200
- Facebook May: 140 June Goal: 160
- Feedburner Subscribers – May: 3 June Goal: 6
- Alexa Global Current: 313,340 Goal: 299,999 || Sites Linking In: 73 Goal: 83
- Post three times per week on DandD
No significant comments here. My usual over spending based on the budget I WISH I could abide by in the grocery and gym categories. Had a few longer trips for work and such so gas was a bit more then I wanted. I also spent some money on concerts/events throughout the summer so that added up quickly. The student loan category has some room left, but thats because I already budgeted one of my loans that will be coming out of deferment next month into mint.com
Debt (Student Loans, Mortgage, Credit Cards):
Debt details can be found on my Debt Tracking page.
Extra Income for April:
I have decided to remove Real Estate entirely from the tracking and consider it equivalent to my full-time job income which I do not include any figures on. After some discussion and thought I realized I consider that a bit more personal than I was making out to be, which is I never included any income on it, just my expenses. From now on I will just mention when I have closings and anything else I feel is relevant. That being said, I helped a great young couple purchase their first home in May and the transaction was incredibly smooth which was a relief since my time was so constrained!
DandD AdSense revenue went down from last month, but I consider this due to the lack of consistent posting on my part. Other then that, not much, did some Fiverr work and sold one textbook which is the $47 in other revenue. Again, hoping to get back to at minimum a few hundred dollars, but definitely continue growing after school is done.