This month had its ups and down. A major expense was buying all the books I needed for my capstone for my masters!!! It ended up costing close to $450 for everything, but I will be reselling them at the end so I am hoping to recoup at least 80% of the value (maybe?). I tried to work hard in March on getting my extra income up a bit since I was on a short break between courses, I improved a bit which I am happy with. I know that once this course starts I will probably not be able to do much of anything for extra income and since its the capstone, its 14 weeks long 🙁 so it will be a while before I am free to refocus. I hope to still find the time to consistently post here as I scheduled time into my calendar for DandD work so I am disciplining myself to stick to it, but I don’t know what to expect with the courses workload. It will be nice when its all done though, free at last!
Posts from March:
- Recap February 2013
- Make Money While Shopping Online
- Save Money With Health Insurance
- Infographic: Ten Tips to Improve Your Credit Score
- I Got a FREE Filtrete 3M50 7-Day Touchscreen WiFi Thermostat
- Participating in my FIRST GIVEAWAY!
- Pitfalls of Credit Card Debt You Must Be Aware Of
- Infographic: Most cost effective way of exercising
- Student Loan Series: Types of Student Loans
- Preparing For an Open House
- Student Loan Series: Applying For Student Loans
- Student Loan Series: Loan Forgiveness
Personal Goals from February:
Receive state and federal tax refund checksCOMPLETED Utilize 100% of tax refund check to pay off 100% of credit card debt (any remaining funds from tax return to be put toward principle of mortgage)COMPLETED Put $250 minimum in savings accountCOMPLETED Prepare for final course of Masters program successfully and set up schedule to complete school work weeklyCOMPLETED-BOOKS ORDERED Contact all expired real estate listings in my area for listing presentationsCOMPLETED-SENT MAILERS Go to the gym a minimum of 5 of 7 days a week31 days in March and I went 31 times!!! Extra Income: $350Earned $425.59! Improvement of $75.59!
Degrees and Debt Goals from February:
Twitter Feb: 28 – March: 35ACTUAL: 41 Facebook Feb: 22 – March: 35ACTUAL: 121 BIG THANKS TO THE GIVEAWAY PARTICIPANTS!
- Feedburner Subscribers – Feb: 2 – March: 5 ACTUAL: 3
Alexa Global Current: 693,024 Goal: 550,000 or lowerACTUAL: 434,225 || Sites Linking In: 41 Goal: 60 ACTUAL: 56 Post three times per week on DandDAlso featured a few guest posts! Comment three times per week on blogroll/blogs I follow Guest Posts on Other Sites – 0 (not working on this goal just yet)
Personal Goals for April:
- Spend time daily on my capstone course
- Reduce spending across all areas since March was such an expensive month!
- Find some time to try and focus on extra income work
- Maintain a minimum of 5 days a week at the gym
Degrees and Debt Goals for April:
- Twitter March: 41 April: 55
- Facebook March: 121 April: 140
- Feedburner Subscribers – March: 3 April: 6
- Alexa Global Current: 434,225 Goal: Below 400,000 || Sites Linking In: 56 Goal: 70
- Post three times per week on DandD
Spending was rough this month across basically all areas. I never really was a fan of Mint and one of the reasons is how they categorize and combine transaction data. There is no way I spent $2,000+ in the Everything Else section but there are so many duplicate transactions and money transfers between accounts that appear to counted twice. Basically, thats wrong, haha! On the plus side.. I did good in the Alcohol and Bars category 🙂
Debt (Student Loans, Mortgage, Credit Cards):
Credit cards are in good shape, just one with a small balance and its 0% interest on a promo anyways so I am not very concerned with it. Debt details can be found at my Debt Tracking page.
Extra Income for March:
Carnivals from March:
The Carnival of MoneyPros | The Happy Homeowner
SnowMageddon – Financial Carnival For Young Adults! | Brick By Brick Investing
Carnival of Wealth, Misunderstood Edition | Control Your Cash: Making Money Make Sense
Credit Card Blog – Cardguys.com » Festival of Frugality Visits the Card Guys Blog
Carnival of Wealth, Answered Prayers Edition | Control Your Cash: Making Money Make Sense
Carnival of Money Pros | Nickel by Nickel
Carnival of Financial Planning | Making Sense Of Cents
Lifestyle Carnival 45th Edition | Lifestyle Carnival