This is a new format for the monthly recaps. As I said I am still trying to get this post down to a science since I consider it one of the most important posts on a monthly basis that I will make on this blog. The big significant mention is that I got my tax returns which allowed me to basically eliminate all my credit card debt, even though it was all 0% interest, its nice to know its gone either way. I am really enjoying writing on this site and began to expand my writing through Fiverr/oDesk! Cant wait for another solid month!
Posts from February:
- Review: Keyring App
- January 2013 Recap
- Save money on gas via shopping programs
- Side Jobs: SnagAJob Review
- Weekly (ish) Roundup 1/24-2/13
- It’s Tax Refund Time
- Who Doesn’t Like Freebies?
- Infographic: Reward Points ‘The Real Deal’
- “Six Strikes” Copyright Policy
Personal Goals from February:
Degrees and Debt Goals from February:
Personal Goals for March:
Receive state and federal tax refund checksCOMPLETED Utilize 100% of tax refund check to pay off 100% of credit card debt (any remaining funds from tax return to be put toward principle of mortgage)COMPLETED
- Put $250 minimum in savings account
- Prepare for final course of Masters program successfully and set up schedule to complete school work weekly
- Contact all expired real estate listings in my area for listing presentations
- Go to the gym a minimum of 5 of 7 days a week
- Extra Income: $350
Degrees and Debt Goals:
- Twitter Feb: 28 – March: 35
- Facebook Feb: 22 – March: 35
- Feedburner Subscribers – Feb: 2 – March: 5
- Alexa Global Current: 693,024 Goal: 550,000 or lower || Sites Linking In: 41 Goal: 60
- Post three times per week on DandD
- Comment three times per week on blogroll/blogs I follow
- Guest Posts on Other Sites – 0 (not working on this goal just yet)
N/A yet, Mint is still learning my monthly budgets so February looks like I saved almost a thousand dollars, but I only wish I did 🙂 Next month this section will have a nice Mint extract!
Debt (Student Loans, Mortgage, Credit Cards):
Credit Cards are paid off. In reality there is a few hundred floating on two of them, but I am not counting that as they are expenses that will be taken care of in full from my job(s) this statement period.
Student Loans and Mortgage remain unchanged to any significance worth mentioning. I have a few real estate transaction materializing and my plan is to put around 90% of any/all commission checks I receive towards student loans, attacking highest interest first, then working my way down.
Extra Income for February:
Fiverr – $84 YTD= $156
oDesk- $157.50 YTD= $157.50
DandD- $.80 YTD= $2.65
Other- $45 *Sold a textbook on Amazon
Total: $287.30 YTD= $361.15
Carnivals from February:
Fellow bloggers, can anyone give some suggestions how you track your carnivals? I tried with ping backs and I note some are missing. I want to link back to them but havent found an easy way to track them otherwise it would take a while each time to go back an entire month, I know there must be an easier way.